Don’t think that if you are wearing a mask you cannot get Corona Virus.
Why we wear a mask then?
Before answering this question. First let’s understand the different types of masks. There are basically 3 types of masks.
These masks have high layer of protection are usually used by medical professionals that are dealing with patients suspected and suffering from Corona and other contagious diseases. These masks provide protection from viruses such as Corona.
2. Pollution Mask
These mask are used to protect you from dust and pollution but these masks don’t protect you from viruses.
3. Surgical Mask
This is the most commonly used mask. This is a disposable mask that lasts up to 4-6 hours. After which it needs to be disposed off. Remember that if the mask gets soiled by getting wet or by getting dirty in such cases dispose off this mask immediately.
You should wear this mask so that you don’t infect other people. In case you suspect illness.
The mask should be worn properly and should fit perfectly on your face.
The mask should be disposed carefully in a closed dustbin. If not disposed carefully these masks can spead infection.
Follow the advisory circulated by government to stay protected.
How to Stay protected?
- Don’t touch your face, eyes and nose.
- Cough and sneeze in elbow
- Avoid Crowded areas.
- If you see symptoms quarantine yourself.The Helpline Number for corona-virus : +91-11-23978046 or 1075 or visit https://www.mygov.in/covid-19/ The Helpline Number for corona-virus : +91-11-23978046 or 1075 or visit https://www.mygov.in/covid-19/
- Don’t Panic.
- Don’t spread fake news. Only trust authorised sources.
- Wash your hands often (be careful not to waste water. Close the tap when you are scrubbing your hands and open it only when you wash off the lather).
- Use Sanitiser.
- Don’t hoard. Hoarding masks Sanitiser and other necessary items will make supply of these things scarce and will worsen the situation in the country.Stay aware and spread the word of awareness.
Stay protected Stay Safe
Image credit: Google